Triangle Fire were contracted by Portsmouth City Council to retrofit fire sprinklers into Ladywood House, a 24 storey tower, comprised of 136 flats.
We took on the role of main contractor for this 42 weeks complex project which included:
- Evacuation Alert System
- Sprinkler system with steel barrel pipework to communal areas and resident storage ground floor areas
- Pillow pad & beacons to flats where residents are deaf
- Bespoke fire rated riser cupboard on each floor with fire doors and relocated media boxes within along with the monitor valves for each flat, these cupboards were also fire stopped and decorated.
- Installed path access to the fire brigade inlet
- Concrete base for tank to sit on
- Bollards around tank so cars couldn’t strike it
- New ceiling to top floor area
We managed many trades during the project including building contractors, Door Installers and Asbestos removal contractor.
There were a few challenges throughout this project which our teams managed to overcome. One being, the valve sets wouldn’t fit above the door frames. We resolved this by a installing riser cupboard to each floor with a design change to the pipework so the valves could be all located in one place.
Our site team built up an excellent relationship with the residents of Ladywood House, and received glowing feedback including:
‘Site team most helpful workers were very tidy and helpful. Left flat spotless’
‘Excellent standard of work and very polite and helpful trades.’
‘Darien was marvelous. The workmen were very courteous. I am happy with it all’
‘We’ve been very happy with all that’s been done. The workmen were all very clean, tidy and polite. Thank you!’
Portsmouth City Council
Get in Touch.
+44 (01424) 812 557