On the 7th December there was a fire at the University of Essex Student Accommodation, in a 5th floor communal kitchen.
The fire was caused by a hot oil spillage from a chip pain, the fire sprinkler system activated and extinguised the fire. Thanks to the effectiveness of the sprinkler system the Fire Brigade did not need to attend site.
Due to the fire occurring in the evening, it is likely that the majority of the plots were occupied at the time by students. Had the sprinkler system not activated the fire would have most certainly spread throughout the building causing serious damage and potential loss of life.
Our engineers attended site as soon as we notified of the fire, and the system was reinstated back to full operational use.
This is our 21st sprinkler save of the year!
Blog"The regeneration of Shoreham Harbour." This brand-new development consisting of 255 apartments will be a mix of one, two and three-bedroom affordable and shared ownership apartments located along the river bank between Southwick and Shoreham. We have been...
BlogAs another year draws to a close, in addition to our usual workload we have also been busy spreading festive cheer as part of our social value activities. We kicked off in Mid November with donation boxes in the office for employees to donate food and toys for...
Residential Fire Sprinklers
Commercial Fire Sprinklers
Servicing & Maintenance
Get in touch.
+44 (01424 ) 812 557